SaaS Protection For Office 365
Simple, automated and secure backup of your cloud data
SaaS Protection ensures that MSPs can access, control, and most importantly protect the data clients entrust to the cloud. SaaS Protection for Office 365 is the leading cloud-to-cloud backup product of offering an all-in-one backup, restore and export solution that covers Exchange Online, OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
As companies increasingly move data into cloud-based applications, many IT teams wrongly assume their SaaS vendors have a backup in place. After all, a SaaS application is always available, accessible from anywhere, and highly redundant, so why is a backup needed?
An astonishing 1 in 3 businesses report losing data stored in cloud-based applications. In addition, out of all MSP reported SaaS ransomware attacks, 49% occurred in Office 365, up 17% from last year. Not only can the loss of the data itself be devastating to a company, but the time lost in attempting a recovery can be equally damaging.
Independent SaaS data backup is becoming a standard offering in every IT Provider’s portfolio.
The truth is that even data in cloud-based applications is vulnerable to :
- End-user deletion, whether accidental or malicious
- Malware damage or ransomware attacks
- Operational errors such as accidental data overwrites
- Lost data due to canceled user licenses
- Misconfigured application workflows
With MSPs moving more and more businesses into Office 365 to run their daily operations, these risks are impossible to ignore. Independent SaaS data backup is becoming a standard offering in every IT Provider’s portfolio.
Why Office 365 Backup is Insufficient
While Office 365 does include primitive restore capabilities for lost data, two major issues arise when using their tools: lost data and lost time. An independent data backup separated from the app itself is necessary to avoid the most common data loss pitfalls.
- Data loss due to inactive licenses : As one would expect, an active Office 365 license is required to access data. Unfortunately, inactive or deprovisioned user data is permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss due to permanent deletion : When a SharePoint Online administrator deletes a site collection, all data will be placed in the Recycle Bin where it is kept for 93 days. At that time it is automatically and permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss due to ransomware : Microsoft recommends 3rd party backup as the only way to recover from data loss associated with ransomware encryption.
- Data loss due to app outages : Uptime guarantees provide peace of mind… until an app outage occurs. Planning for the unexpected is key to recovering quickly should an outage occur.
- Time lost in restoring files : Contacting Microsoft Support for assistance with any data loss issue can be time consuming, and still may not result in restored files.
Why SaaS Protection? Trusted, Available Backup
Know that Office 365 data is backed up by the most reliable solution on the market today. Reduce risk, and spend more time and budget on strategic initiatives.
- Point-in-Time Backups : Backups include daily snapshots of each users data, allowing you to browse through a user’s account at a specific point in time. Avoid data loss from ransomware by restoring entire accounts to a designated point in time before an attack occurred.
- 3X/day backup : Rest easy with SaaS Protection’s automatic daily backups for Office 365’s Exchange Online, OneDrive, and SharePoint Online.
- On-demand backup : Perform additional backups as needed at anytime. Running an on demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
- Infinite Retention : Store an unlimited amount of data for no additional fees.
- 24/7 Tech Support : SaaS Protection’s technical support team is available when organizations need them most. Tech support is on all hours via chat and phone.
SaaS Protection protects over
3.5 Million Users
What SaaS Protection Recovers
- OneDrive : All files (including One Note) and folders with file structure in tact.
- Contacts : All contact information*.
- Calendar : Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachments and any calendars owned by users.
- Mail : All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
- SharePoint : All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
- Primary, custom, group and team site collections
- Custom generic site lists
- Folder structure
- Document libraries and sets
- Site assets, templates, and pages
Fast & Effortless Restore
One-click restore means MSPs easily avoid business downtime. Quickly identify and recover individual items or entire folders without overwriting existing files.
- Quick and Painless Restore and Export : SaaS Protection’s revamped architecture means data export and restore times have improved dramatically, making us the fastest backup and recovery solution.
- Non-destructive Restore : Restore data without overwriting existing emails, files or site collections targeted at the same URL.
- Item level restore : Retrieve data in the original format with file and label structure maintained in the backup.
- Retain user data : Save money and effort by automatically holding inactive users’ data after their Office 365 license is deleted.
- No overwrites : Prevent data overwrites and differentiate restored data from current Exchange, OneDrive, and Sharepoint production data for added protection.
- Advanced search capabilities : Easily find data with the advanced search option and restore individual items or entire folders.
Security & Reporting
Balance security and transparency with powerful security controls and robust user lifecycle management. Protect valuable business data from accidents or malicious acts.
- Security and compliance : SaaS Protection backs up data in compliance with Service Organization Control (SOC 1/ SSAE 16 and SOC 2) reporting standards, GDPR and supports HIPAA compliance needs.
- Custom Data Retention : Specify how long records should be maintained (days, years or infinite) to meet industry-specific compliance regulations.
- Activity log : Maintain a detailed record of all administrator and user actions.