DATTO SaaS PROTECTION FOR OFFICE 365 BACKUP
As the leading cloud-to-cloud backup solution, SaaS Protection offers an all-in-one backup, search, restore, and export solution for Office 365. SaaS Protection ensures that you can access, control, and most importantly protect the data you entrust to the cloud.
As companies increasingly move data into cloud-based applications, many IT administrators think traditional best practices such as data backup are outdated. After all, a SaaS application is always available, accessible from anywhere, and highly redundant, so why is backup necessary?
An astonishing 1 in 3 companies report losing data stored in cloud-based applications. That means the permanent deletion of potentially hundreds of work hours.
- Malware damage or ransomware attacks
- Accidental end-user deletion
- Malicious end-user activity
- Operational errors such as accidental data overwrites
- Lost data due to canceled account subscriptions
- Misconfigured application workflows
With more and more small businesses depending on cloud applications, these risks are impossible to ignore. That means that best practices like data backup are just as important in the cloud as in traditional on-premises IT systems. An independent data backup separated from the app itself is necessary to avoid the most common data loss pitfalls.
WHY O365 BACKUP IS INSUFFICIENT
While Office 365 does include primitive restore capabilities for lost data, two major issues arise when using their tools: lost data and lost time.
- Data loss due to inactive licenses: As one would expect, an active Office 365 license is required to access O365 data. Unfortunately, inactive or deprovisioned user data is permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss due to permanent deletion: When a SharePoint Online administrator deletes a site collection, all data will be placed in the Recycle Bin where it is kept for 93 days. At that time it is automatically and permanently deleted, and there is no rollback option.
- Data loss when restoring files: When restoring older files from a SharePoint backup, the restore is targeted at the same URL. This means a restore overwrites whatever data currently exists in the site collection, and there is no rollback option.
- Time lost in restoring files: Contacting Microsoft Support for assistance with any data loss issue can be time consuming, and still may not result in restored files.
WHY DATTO SaaS PROTECTION?
Skip the uncertainty and know your Office 365 data is backed up by the most complete solution on the market today. Reduce risk and spend more time on your business.
- Point in Time Backups: Rest easy with Datto Backupify’s automatic 3x/day backup for Office 365’s Exchange, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- 3X/day backup: Perform additional backups as needed at any time. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
- On-demand backup: Get notifications at a glance, right on the dashboard, about all backup information.
- Backup notifications: Get notifications at a glance, right on the dashboard, about all backup information.
- Infinite Retention: Store an unlimited amount of data in the Datto Cloud for no additional fees.
- 24/7 Tech Support: SaaS Protection’s technical support team is available when organizations need them most. Tech support is on all hours via chat and phone.
Easily avoid business downtime with quick one-click restore process. Quickly identify and recover individual items or entire folders without overwriting existing files.
- Quick and Painless Restore and Export: A streamlined architecture of Datto’s backend system means data export and restore times have improved dramatically.
- Non-destructive Restore: Restore data without overwriting existing files or site collections targeted at the same URL.
- Item level restore: Retrieve data in the original format with file and label structure maintained in the backup.
- Retain user data: Save money and administrator effort by automatically holding inactive users’ data forever.
- No overwrites: Prevent data overwrites and differentiate restored data from current Exchange, OneDrive, and Sharepoint production data for added protection.
- Advanced search capabilities: Easily find data with the advanced search option and restore individual items or entire folders.
Security and Reporting
Balance security and transparency with powerful security controls and robust user lifecycle management. Protect valuable business data from accidents or malicious acts.
- Security and compliance: Datto SaaS Protection backs up data in compliance with Service Organization Control (SOC 1/ SSAE 16 and SOC 2) reporting standards and supports your HIPAA compliance needs.
- Activity log: Maintain a detailed record of all administrator and user actions.